AA Euro Healthcare
AA Euro Healthcare have been retained by a leading Irish Owned Multinational looking to recruit an Occupational Health Nurse based in their Cork Office. This is a permanent position with a strong focus on promoting employee health and wellbeing, reporting directly to the Group HR Business Partner.
The role will include the following duties and responsibilities :
- Leading Employee Wellbeing Programme and develop initiatives to improve employee wellness.
- Co-ordination of a Health Surveillance Programme including regular health assessments across sites and shops, interpreting results and compiling reports.
- Completion of pre-employment medicals, interpretation of results and compiling reports as required by the business.
- Co-ordinate the VDU Ergonomics Programme including assessment and training
- Review and develop Occupational Health Policies and Procedures in line with legislation, business and audit requirements.
- Carry out Occupational Health consultations as referred as per company policy.
- Liaise and refer to Occupational Health Physician or other professional services as and when required in managing cases.
- Planning appropriate return to work and rehabilitation.
- Provision of relevant metrics/reports/updates to HR function.
- Track short term and long-term absenteeism levels within the Society.
- Maintenance of medical information and records in a professional and confidential manner in line with GDPR best practice.
- Carry out and/or assist completion of risk assessments alongside the EHS team across the Society as required.
- Assessment of reported workplace injuries and illnesses and participation in accident investigations in conjunction with the Business, where required.
- Support the First Aid team in conjunction with the EHS function. Monitoring the efficiency and supply of First Aid equipment across the Society.
- Organise First Aid cover for company events where additional First Aid cover may be required or where OHA is unavailable.
- Organise calibration of medical equipment annually.
- Managing OHP services including scheduling appointments, forwarding referral details, maintaining records of referrals and administering invoices for payment.
- Coordination of Occupational, Travel, Seasonal Influenza vaccination programme.
- Work closely with the Pandemic Response Steering Group to provide relevant medical guidance and support to the Society in line with current guidelines.
The successful candidate should have:
- A recognised qualification in Occupational Health with a minimum of 3-5 years work experience preferably in a Manufacturing/Retail environment.
- Competency in Audiometry, Spirometry, Vision screening and VDU ergonomics.
- Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal, empathy and listening skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills including time management with proven track record of prioritising key tasks and delivery to a high professional standard.
- A strong collaborative mindset with proven ability to establish and maintain effective working people relationships.
- Possess high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Pro-active can do attitude with ability to work on own initiative, multitask and flexible to meet deadlines.
- Resilient with collaborative mind-set.
- Proficient IT skills
- Good understanding of Health and Safety legislation and best practice.
- Proven track record of achievement and ability to learn quickly.
For more information please contact Sarah Murphy on 085 860 8026 or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org