AA Euro Healthcare
We are delighted to partner with a Residential Service Provider dedicated to supporting individuals with Intellectual Disability and are currently recruiting for a Principal Social Worker (Multidisciplinary Lead) for their services in Bray, Co Wicklow.
The Principal Social Worker/MDT Lead will have a pivotal leadership role and a significant role in planning and managing change. They will lead, guide and facilitate the development of an Multidisciplinary Team to deliver responsive, innovative and individualised solution focused approaches to support service users and their families. They will undertake work at a professional practice level in addition to a leadership role within the organisation. Sound professional practice to be ensured and maintained at department level within the context of responsive, innovative, and individualised service responses to facilitate quality of life for service users.
Applicants must hold:
- National Third Level Qualification in Social Work (which is accredited for NQSW).
- Holder of non-national qualifications must be accredited by the National Social Work Qualifications Board (NSWQB) and provide evidence of accreditation.
Applicants must have:
- Post qualification experience as a Social Worker and SW/MDT member
- Registered member of CORU.
- At least 5 years experience of participating within an MDT and Adult ID services
- Completed HSE Safeguarding & Protection Designated Officers training.
- Excellent working knowledge of SW and Mental Health legislation, bills and statutory guidelines relevant to this area.
- Demonstrate sufficient professional knowledge to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Demonstrate experience of applying evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrate the capacity to plan and deliver social work service in an effective and resourceful manner within a model of person-centred care in the adult ID sector.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage self and others in a busy working environment including the ability to prioritise caseloads while leading an MDT.
- Demonstrate a commitment to assuring high standards and strive for a user centred service.
- Demonstrate initiative and innovation in identifying areas for service improvements.
- Demonstrate the ability to empathise with and treat others with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate information and make effective decisions especially with regard to service user support.
- Display effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrate effective team and effective team leading skills.
- Demonstrate leadership of change and change management.
- Demonstrate ability to utilise supervision effectively.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development.
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a discreet and responsible manner.
- Excellent IT Skills & Access to own vehicle in order to fulfil the role.
For more information on this role please contact Joanne on 085 7568571 or email email@example.com.